Tuesday, May 19, 2009

My foot..the saga continues

So my final pin was pulled from my operated foot last Thurs, almost a week ago. I have tried everyday since then to go for a walk. Short walks, not hard long ones.
As a RN I have to be able to walk..ALOT. So I'm trying to slowly get into working walking form. Well let's just say that isn't happening and I am very frustrated. I don't know if it's that I don't due slow down and take it easy well, or if this abnormal and I should be able to take small walks without the agony and tightness that I feel. I'm disheartened. I figured pull the pins life would start getting back to normal and it's not. I still feel helpless at times, I hate the constant and chronic limp I have, I hate that I still have to take pain meds at night when life gets unbearable. I know in the sceme of things having a foot problem isn't the end of the world, but when your livelhood rests on your feet and walking makes you cry. It's a scary place.

3 comments:

  1. sorry you are having a hard time...hope you feel better soon! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this is hard for you because you are SO "get up and go!" With your attitude, I think you will recover just fine--just don't out-do yourself! Feel better...

    ReplyDelete