I had a great day and it seems to get better as the day goes on.
I woke up early and climbed into bed with Alyssa who surprisingly was already awake, and we talked about her life, her thoughts...just about her. It was SOO nice. I really think she gets short changed when it comes to one on one time so it was a great time for us both. Refreshing to be able to connect with my 8 yr old. Before I blink my eye, she'll be hating be and won't even let me in her room.
Out the door we went to Alyssa's softball game. The Renegades, a team of 13, 8 and 9 yr old girls, took the field at 11 am. It came down to the wire, with the tying run for the other team on 3rd base, the game was called cause the time limit had been reached. So Alyssa's team WON!! Yeah!! 1-0. I am so proud of the strides and accomplishments she has made as a player from the beginning of the season to now.
As part of the softball assocaiation, the girls from Santee and all over the county are walking in parade on the Padre field tonight. Alyssa is SOOOOO excited that she's going to a Major League game with her friends, not so much that she has to walk on the field. :) That's my girl. I'll try an post pictures tomorrow so you all can see. Hope this finds you all happy, healthy and well.
Saturday, April 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment