Well today I went and had lunch with my second grader!! My 8 yr old. Holy Crud, life gets away from you and before you blink I will have a third grader. Then I come home and have another day of Haley telling me no, and I don't like it and etc so on and so forth, and Alyssa being 8 going on 18. Is this a sign that I stink at parenting. Or my children think since I am half broke, physically, think that they can win and are trying to push as many buttons as possible. But I'm MOM and I will win. ;)
I HATE by first three blogs being about how frustrating my kids are....So among the aggravating things they do I figured I throw in the GOOD things that they did today.
Alyssa bought her sister a gift with her Birthday gift cards. Alyssa said Yes Please and No Thank you directed towards the cashier without being prompted. She came home and played with her sister and her new doll house, and even played the part of the dog just to please her.
Haley, she sat quietly in time out...Does that count as GOOD? LOL. Alright, I have to think a little harder. She is so active and so outspoken and I need to learn to embrace it and stop fighting cause I think this is who she is. She will be fiercely independent for the good and the bad. I love how she thinks her dimples and laughter will get her out of trouble. She tries to turn on the charm so fast after she gets busted. Haley is amazing friend who is thoughtful and sweet, she just isn't all that for me, and I guess that's OK.
Alright, well onto my busy day Sat. Wish us luck Alyssa softball team the Renegades is playing in the semi-final playoff game tomorrow morning. :) Then tomorrow night she is in a parade at the Padre's Game. It'll be fun to my little girl on a Major League Baseball field.
Friday, April 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment